- Calls & Dates
- Summer School
Minute of Madness
This year's ESWC features a "Minute of Madness" session. This is an entertaining session that is open for every conference attendee to present an idea or a project in one minute using one slide. In particular, presenters of demos and posters are encouraged to advertise their work and attract attendees to their booth. The session takes place on the 2nd of June at 17:30 (local time).
The rules are as follows:
- You have exactly one slide that will be shown for exactly one minute. During this one minute you give your talk. If you talk longer, we will stop you.
- The slides will be advanced automatically. In between the one-minute talks a transition slide will be shown for approximately five seconds. This transition slide will be generated by us and it will contain the title of the next one-minute talk.
- Given the limited time, it is highly advisable to avoid trying to present technical details of your work. Instead, you should provide the audience with a very high-level idea, ideally, presented in a catchy, entertaining manner.
To participate in the Minute of Madness send an email with your slide to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 31 (23:59 Hawaii time) (strict deadline!). The subject of the email should be "Minute of Madness" and the email has to include the following details:
- (1) your name (i.e., the person who presents the talk);
- (2) a title for your talk -- if your talk is an advertisement for your demo or your poster, the title must be the title of the poster/demo and its submission number;
- (3) a 1-page PDF document with the slide for your talk (The slide should be in a standard 4:3 format that is suitable for presenting on a projector with a resolution of 1024x768. Please ensure that your slide looks good in this format)
We aim to accommodate all talk proposals. However, if we run out of open spots, preference will be given to demo and poster advertisements, and remaining spots will be filled on a first-come first-served basis.